It's official! Neel Trimarans model Neel 51 is now the winner of 2019 Best Boats by SAIL Magazine, in the "Multihulls Cruising category.
Sail Magazine just published this result with the December issue of the specialised magazine. Nominees for this competittion had been announced during the 2018 Annapolis Sailboat Show in October this year.
Multiple award winner Neel 51
Since announced and then launched, the NEEL 51 has known great success both with the public and with the industry in general. 2018 is certainly a great year for Neel Trimarans shipyard performance and for the Neel 51 in particular.
In April 2018 in La Grande Motte (France), the NEEL 51 won the 2018 Multihull of the Year election with the public's vote. This election had been launched by Multihulls World and the result was announced at the international Multihulls Boat Show.
At the end of January 2018, the boat had already won the 2018 European Boat of the Year title!
With this new title of 2019 Best Boat in the Multihulls Cruising category, awarded by American SAIL Magazine, the Neel 51 is now recognised worldwide.
Neel 51 winning features
But why is the Neel 51 so popular?
A bit of history on Neel trimarans innovation
The first model of Neel Trimarans was already very popular: the Neel 45 saw fast growing success since 2013 commercialization. This new cruising trimarans concept won the heart of many for circumnavigation, as the platform brought so much comfort, while benefiting from all performance and stability of Neel Trimarans.
The Neel 65 then followed, blending luxury yacht possibilities with trimaran amazing sailing advantages.
The Neel 51 trimaran certainly becomes a reference for blue water cruising. While the deck clearance ensures a safe and stable boat, the size and centered weight enhances the performance of this fast sailing trimaran.
Comfort and space on board Neel 51
Unless you have visited the Neel 51 at a boat show, you are probably wondering what is so special with the Neel 51 configuration.
- First of all the spacious Owners cabin, located on the main platform, offers 10sqm of pure luxury, with a stunning panoramic view.
- Unlike the Neel 45, on the Neel 51 you can access floats from the inside!
- Furthermore, floats offer double cabins, with optional en-suite bathroom.
- The saloon and cockpit blend together into a very large cockloon relaxation surface thanks to the large sliding window door.
- The flybridge is vast and communicates with the helm station.
- Galley and chart table benefit from an incredible panoramic view.
- Transoms allow easy access to water and the central one allows the tender to rest on top.
Needless to say Caribbean Multihulls is a proud dealer of Neel Trimarans...